Sunday, May 28, 2006

Day 4-Parasailing!!



Day 4--Well, we were up early this morning (no room service or b'fast buffet). We were already at the private island and our PARASAILING excursion was booked for 8:00am. So we hurried and get with our group and they loaded us up on this speed boat. You know how "adventurous" I am and David has inherited these genes so how can I say--we were not thrilled. But we had paid like $300 for this "excursion" and we were doing it. So we get our instructions. Of course, my adventurous two (Steve and Landon) were first to go and they had a ball. David and I went last (there were 12 of us on the boat) and it really wasn't as bad as I imagined. I even opened my eyes a couple of times.....So after that, they dropped us off at the island. Since it was early, there weren't many people there. We claimed a hammock and three lounge chairs in the shade and parked it there. Steve and Landon went snorkling (David and I did not). This was the best day!! You know I AM a beach person so I was in my element. The cruise line set up a huge bar-b-q for lunch. We ate ( I know, we gained like 10 pounds) and drank Coco Locos (non-alcoholic) and relaxed. Steve and I walked the island a little and everything was so beautiful. We stayed here until about 2:00 and headed for the ferry. They had a little market and we bought a few souvenirs and loaded the ferry. Now let's talk about the ferry......it was two levels, one on the bottom, covered, and one on the top, NOT covered. Of course, we were on the top. Metal benches....luckily we had brought towels from the ship to sit on, but there was these girls getting on in little bikinis trying to sit on the hot benches. It would have been really funny had I not been on the verge of a heat stroke. They left us sitting there waiting for the ferry to fill up, roasting like wienees on a grill, for an eternity. Honestly, it was hotter than Disney in July!!!

Finally, they take us back to the ship. We cram inside our closet, everyone gets a shower and we head out for, yep that's right--another buffet!! Ate too much, found our spot on Deck 7 and relaxed the rest of the afternoon.

After eating, yet again, Steve and I head out for a little shopping in the stores on the ship (they had everything half-off--can't resist a bargain) and headed for the room to pack up. The kids were already there watching....you guessed it! Fun with Dick and Jane!!

We had decided to check all three luggages so we wouldn't have to lug them off the ship, so I started packing up. We set them outside the door to be picked up, watched....The Pink Panther and went to sleep.....really tired, very sunburned and ready for home!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home